Organic Wine - Fast Facts
Fast Facts on our Organic Wine and Organic Winemaking
- 2016 marks the 10th anniversary of Angove Family Winemakers farming and making wine under organic certification.
- Our 300ha Nanya Vineyard now contains 185ha of Organically farmed vineyard with more being certified each year.
- Our 14ha historic Warboys Vineyard in McLaren Vale has been managed Organically & Biodynamically from date of purchase in 2008 and is now fully certified.
- What makes a wine Organic? - Organic Wine is made from certified organic grapes grown with no artificial fertilisers, herbicides or pesticides.
- We use specially designed undervine mowers built and modified by our own engineering department for weed control which is one of the hardest parts of farming organically.
- Farming organically and using extensive undervine mulching has reduced our irrigation requirements significantly.
- Angove Family Winemakers is certified to Australian, USDA (United States), Canadian, EU and Chinese Standards, one of only a handful of wineries to cover this many regions.
- We have even trialled steam as a weed control mechanism!